Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sublime Trip



Cucumber Falls in Ohiopyle State Park, PA



Robin and Reid atop Kentuck Knob.


Robin fixing dinner. Yum!


A night shot of Reid talking to Robin inside the 'drop.

My wife Robin, son Reid, and I went to see Frank Lloyd Wright's famous home design called Fallingwater in Mill Run, Pa. It was a sublime trip. Fallingwater was as good as a cathedral for creating a sense of awe. Wright's respect for the natural setting and his masterfully creative design made every moment awesome. We also visited another Wright designed home, Kentuck Knob- a smaller but equally classy home atop a mountain, as well as enjoying the natural beauty of Ohiopyle State Park. The roads in the area were so lightly travelled it seemed like a time warp for me- back to my childhood days in North Carolina. I commented that everyone had moved to NC! (Today, I saw a van in Greensboro with a Steelers sticker and a row of children stickers in the window- so I was right@!)

The teardrop was a joy to use. Robin and I stayed inside and Reid slept outside with the raccoons. We used the oven for the first time and stayed up late to watch DVDs. All we lacked was WIFI......what a wilderness. Reid commented that it seemed wrong to be so comfortable- poor kid, he grew up backpacking with me.

We are adding more foam to make the bed a little softer and picking up a few kitchen items and it is off again ASAP!


Robin showing off the new curtains inside the 'drop.



We were there for real. It's not a fake background.

No comments: